Buying DRM-Free Audiobooks
So, you’re into audiobooks. Good call. How do you even buy a DRM-free audiobook?
Libro.fm is my new go-to because every book there is happily free from a DRM headache. Nice, right? Plus, your purchase throws support to a local bookstore. Double win.
So, what do you do when you hit this roadblock? I found myself in this exact mess, chasing an audiobook about the wild world of the Internet. Here’s the lowdown on how to sidestep the annoyances:
- Fire up your VPN and pretend you’re in the U.S.
- Get cozy with Libro.fm and create an account.
- Sign up for the monthly membership—two credits for you.
- Pick any random bookstore to support. They all deserve the support.
- Use those credits to grab “Extremely Online” and another book that your local library missed. Thanks, credits!
- Download your DRM-free audio files. No chains here.
- Upload those sweet DRM-free audio files onto your Audio Bookshelf server.
- Say bye to your Libro.fm membership and cancel until next time.
- Get back to living life. Easy.
That’s it. Nine steps to audiobook freedom. Also, shoutout to Libro.fm for being cool and a not-so-friendly “sup?” to those annoying publisher restrictions. Who needs borders on stories, anyway?