🎮 Cities Skylines -
Page created on 11/02/2021 and last modified on 15/02/2021
City Starter Tips
- Start city with dirt roads. They are cheap and have a low maintenance cost. Allows to get a city started and build a positive cashflow. Cars will move slow, but traffic is not an issue early on.
- Use freeform road tool to develop organic grids for low density residential.
- Standard grids work best for high density zoning, as these buildings benefit from being side by side.
- Reduce budget for road, power, water to 50% to save money early on.
- Reach Little Hamlet milestone and increase residential, commercial and industrial budget to 12%. (any higher and they will leave)
- Save city after each milestone. Save city before making major changes.