i've been enjoying cities skylines on and off since it's release back in 2015. i'm not a pro by any means and love picking up up every now and again and starting a new city. i take inspiration from pro city skylines players who share their cities and great tutorials online.
- cities: skylines - after dark
- cities: skylines - snowfall
- cities: skylines - relaxation station
- cities: skylines - mass transit
- cities: skylines - green cities
- cities: skylines - concerts
- cities: skylines - industries
- cities: skylines - sunset harbor
city starter tips
- start city with dirt roads. they are cheap and have a low maintenance cost. allows to get a city started and build a positive cashflow. cars will move slow, but traffic is not an issue early on.
- use freeform road tool to develop organic grids for low density residential.
- standard grids work best for high density zoning, as these buildings benefit from being side by side.
- reduce budget for road, power, water to 50% to save money early on.
- reach little hamlet milestone and increase residential, commercial and industrial budget to 12%. (any higher and they will leave)
- save city after each milestone. save city before making major changes.
starting city tutorials
skylines video channels
- imperatur https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV4Zy3ah4PVaYrr73GZbRcA
- OVERCHARGED EGG https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Cvfy8FWVSSSV8RAG8G_cw
- Biffa Plays https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzO4HZxgXc2UJQD5bIo8AQ
- ImperialJedi https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpxQFI0YWBLnBUVVsfi5ePw